Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Color of Fynn

I wanted to share also the first poem I wrote as we struggled with the information coming at me like a bombardment. Since we this horrible and rich chapter of our life started we have been so encouraged by many people...and have heard from many others who had gone through similar struggles either directly or indirectly. Each interaction whether through conversation, letter, or email has woven together a fabric of relationship that has been beyond value.

The Color Fynn

My world is losing a vibrant color

No longer will I see

I’m blind to the color you were to become

Your blessing stolen from me

My world is losing a vibrant color

Of hope and promise and love

I know the grief that fills my heart

Your hue like a setting sun fades


My world is losing a vibrant color

Your smile I’ll never see

While our time together may soon end

Forever your father I’ll be

My world is losing a vibrant color

A cool breeze of blue

When the warm fire of orange is gone

Free to smile you’ll be

Other developments in The World Around ME are:

We are thrilled to be returning to the E.Coast to see many friends...while we are really looking forward to this trip to Boone, NC (ele. 3,333ft) we are especially thrilled b/c we know where our home is and that we'll be coming back to this amazing nook of the world here in Cascadia. While back East, I'll be in DC at a conference and then down to Fredericksburg, VA to check on our house, visit our neighbors and give our respects to the Parker family who recently lost Mr. Parker. Mr. Parker was a wonderfully kind man who was always ready for good chat whether sitting on his front porch there on the corner of Spottswood or our infront of our home. He had been battling cancer for nearly a year and while in the end it would appear that cancer won we know that Mr. Parker is now with his heavenly Father...We love the thought of our little Fynn shoot'n the "heavenly breeze" with Mr. Parker!

Before the E.Coast trip however, will be a great thanksgiving down in Oregon with the Grandparents!

Cheers to all

MDE

No comments: